Thursday, April 8, 2010

Where did the week go?

Here we are at Thursday! I've been so busy this week it's been impossible to get to the blog. Plus our internet connection has been having some screwiness - we think Comcast, rather than the remodel - which has been frustrating. But here I am now.

Landscaping - We accepted a bid from a landscaping firm, and they'll be here on Saturday to start clearing up the back yard and prepping the soil. The stonework guy returned to work and has been laying the patio out back. It looks great.

Remodel - Site Supervisor II is compiling a hit list of subcontractors. High on his list are the cabinet people, who have delivered the TV cabinet wrongly made for the second time. (As I write, the painters are shouting angrily at each other in Serbo-Croat in the family room...I think there may have been an "oops" moment. I try not to notice.) The electrician has gone AWOL, but it sounds like if we get to a critical mass of things for him to do then he will come back. The hinges for the interior doors were delivered - in the wrong size. I've filled our closet with clothes twice this week...and then had to take them all out again.

Anyway, it's been a bit like that all week. I think SS2 may explode with frustration soon. (The head painter is now scolding his workmen in English. I can't see them, but I can sense them hanging their heads in shame.)

Our microwave oven has been installed by SS2 (who has started simply doing the work himself instead of delegating it), and we also got the new dryer. SS2 and the plumber installed the washer/drier units, and managed to get them closer to the wall than the original installers.

Jim and SS2 claim that we'll still be finished on April 12. The Architect is skeptical. Well, I guess we'll see.

In other news, our large purple window seat cushion was just delivered. I do hope it fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment