Friday, December 18, 2009

Jigga jigga jigga jigga

On returning from dropping the kids for the last day at school, I had to enter the house through the garage as the Bob Cat was running up and down the front path demolishing the courtyard wall. Now I have one man jack hammering in the front yard, and one in the back. The guys from Jim's Bunch are on the roof pulling off the shingles. The hanging light fitting in the dining room is swinging gently from side to side. Oh, it's started rattling.

The fish are looking a bit traumatised. I just spent half an hour hiding in Little Starlet's room drinking tea and reading a book. That's the only room in the house that doesn't have a man outside it jackhammering, or anyone on the roof pulling the shingles off.

Now I am heading out to Hayward to look at Caesarstone. I can only take so much of the noise, so I might as well do something useful. Unfortunately, Achilles came by to take away the stain samples yesterday, so I don't have anything to compare the stone to, but I'll use my imagination.

The weather is mild and beautifully sunny today. The rain that was forecast for this week has not materialized.

No comments:

Post a Comment