Lots of activity in the house today, but now the guys have gone we can't quite see what they were doing. Actually I know perfectly well what they were doing, but it isn't very striking. They were sanding and caulking the door frames and new doors in preparation for painting. There are very smelly daubs of red something across many of the door frames.
In the early part of the afternoon I started to be overcome by the horrible chemical smell, and went to see how much ventilation they had. Answer: None At All. They hadn't opened a single window. I strode through the house throwing the windows and doors open, reminding them that it might be in all our best interests to be able to breath.